Home Remodeling Articles, Tips and DIY Help
Read our helpful articles about home remodeling so you can make the best decisions on what products to by and how to choose the best contractor to do the work.
We have also included some great advice and DIY tips to ensure your project goes smoothly, even if you decide to do it yourself.
Experience the Chapman Difference...
- Family owned and operated
- Endorses a Quality Assurance Program for peace of mind
- In-House qualified Factory Service Technician
- 4,000 Sq. Ft. Premiere Showroom featuring over 150 window and door displays for you and your clients
Winter comes on December 21st each and every year, but somehow it catches us off guard. Those fresh fall breezes are replaced with the bite of chilling winter winds. We know it’s coming, but every year we forget how it effects our daily routine and our homes. Most folks are inside more, and mostly just trying to stay warm.
Maybe you remembered last winter that you felt a cool breeze, or got a chill, just sitting in your home, and took steps to replace or repair your windows and doors in the Spring and Summer. If not, it’s never too late to start the process.
Cold weather, water, and ice infiltration can create damage to your house. If your windows, doors, and/or siding are not properly maintained, the cold weather can create heat loss, robbing you of your comfort, and increasing your utility bills.
What you should you know:
- Enery.gov states that heating and cooling accounts for more than half of the energy use in a typical U.S. home, making it the largest energy expense for most homes.
- “According to Energy Star, if you added up all the leaks, holes, and gaps in a typical home’s envelope, it would be the same as having a window open every single day of the year”.
- The U.S. Department of Energy has concluded that drafts can waste 5 to 30 percent of your energy use. If you can see daylight around the reveals of your door while the door is closed, then you have air leaks that will cause heat loss. If you feel a draft near your windows, you may need to look at a more energy efficient unit.
- That drafty feeling around your windows has a name: Convective Current. It can be caused two ways. One way is if you stand next to an old, non-energy efficient window. The cold from the window can draw the heat from your body, giving you a chill. The second happens when the warm air rises from your heat source and is then pulled toward the cold or drafty window. The air then cools, and falls down the plane of the window, creating a cold-air-waterfall effect.
If you decide to replace your windows, doors, or siding, here are some things you need to consider:
Get educated: Find out what options are available on the products and services you need. Contact a reputable, established company that will educate and guide you through the product’s feature and benefits. Look for a company that has a showroom design center where you can see the products and have different choices available and explained to you.
Get the Tax Credit if you can: Various local, state, and federal incentives and rebates exist to encourage the use of efficient windows and doors, skylights, insulation, roofing, HVAC, water heaters, and alternative energy technologies, like solar power, geothermal heating and cooling, biomass stoves, small wind turbines and even fuel cells.
Don’t Wait: Upgrades like Windows, doors and siding can be installed anytime of year, plan to order your product 8 - 10 weeks before you would like to have it installed.
Your home is what you make of it. Its curb appeal is based on your efforts and vision and can help you or hurt you when selling your home. Enhancing the curb appeal is not just for those who are putting their houses on the market. If you want to be proud of your home, maintaining and refreshing the exterior of your home should be considered. There are many ways to enhance your curb appeal and different levels to improve the look, as well as the value.
House & Home Magazine Article
Founded in 1994, Chapman Windows, Doors & Siding prides itself on attention to detail and exceptional customer service, and it’s no surprise they have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. They offer a plethora of options to make your home stand out from the rest and provide products that are made to last. House & Home spoke with sales associate Joanne Lyons, who brings years of manufacturing experience to the company and is passionate about working side by side with customers, giving them products they’ll love for years to come.
There are many reasons why Chapman Windows and Doors has been in business long enough to celebrate its 20th anniversary this year. The fact that they sell and provide expert installation for the finest and most energy- efficient home remodeling products around is at the top of the list. But just as important is the way they treat their customers like family, which is only fitting considering the company has been owned and operated by the Chapman family since its inception in 1994.
Chapman Windows And Doors
If you're looking for a great way to increase the value and beauty of your home while reducing your energy costs, then look no further. We offer and install some of the finest and most energy efficient home remodeling products on the market. Everything from insulated vinyl replacement windows to insulated siding and entry doors from the leading manufacturers in the industry like Therma Tru Doors, Ideal Vinyl Windows, Norwood Windows, CertainTeed, Pella and many more.
In addition to great products, we also have a great team of professional installers that not only know how to do the work right, but also know how to show courtesy by performing the job in a cleanly manner and by making sure you understand how to use and maintain your investment. We've also made it easier than ever to get what you want through available financing, monthly specials and everyday low prices. So contact us today for more information and a FREE Consultation with one of our specialists.