Estimator Job Responsibilities:
Review measurement sheets and/or blueprints to prepare detailed quotes and estimates for customers. In addition, estimate labor, material, and time requirements in order to be able to compute the overall cost of the project.
Estimator Job Duties
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Coordinates with Sales/Design consultant for customer specific products needed.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals. blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Estimator Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous working experience as construction estimator for 5 years
- In-depth knowledge of project management
- Familiarity with estimating programs
- Strong time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
Interested in working for Chapman? Fill out the form below and we will contact you if positions are available.